[MlMt] Something changed with the new keybinding and I cannot figure out what

Wed Dec 7 09:16:49 EST 2016

On 6 Dec 2016, at 10:25, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:

> With one of the latest update MailMate added CMD-K as a keybinding for
> Edit - Add Link.
>
> I know this because I previously used this exact keybinding for
> "send:" in my ~/Library/Application
> Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/VladsCustom.plist-file :-) and
> the new behavior drove me crazy! ;-)

Sorry about that, but it was the “standard key” for this action.

> So I changed my keybinding for send to this:
>
> "^~@k" 	= "send:";
>
> and everything was fine again.
>
> *Almost* everything. :-/
>
> I discovered that the new keybinding works only when the cursor it's
> in the message window and not (**anymore!**) when the cursor is in the
> To:- or the Subject:-fields.
>
> As I said, I changed ONLY the keybinding and NOT the command itself…
> but the behavior changed.
>
> 3 related questions:
>
> 1. Did anybody else experienced this as well?

I can reproduce it.

> 2. It's this a bug or a new feature? ;-)

It's naturally not intentional.

> 3. Do you have any ideas what to do in order to be able to send an
> email-message with a keybinding regardless of the position of the
> cursor (as previous)?

I'm not quite sure which ones would work. Looking at the code indicates
it has to be a binding which already has some kind of binding/purpose
such that the text field converts it into a selector (even if that
selector is `noop:`). This is why the old one worked. A bit of
experimenting revealed that this should work:

	"^K" 	= "send:";

Maybe you can use that for now (⌃⇧K).