[MlMt] Google login issues?

Wed Aug 31 02:34:20 EDT 2016

On 31 Aug 2016, at 5:33, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> At this point it's pretty much unusable. I have to go through 2-4
> password prompts for 4-6 accounts, and then an hour later, do it
> again.

The latter indicates that it happens every time MailMate has to get a
new access token. I'm not seeing this myself (2 accounts), but two
tweets during the night (my night) indicates that you are not alone.
This indicates that it's not an issue only on your machine.

The logs only tell me that authentication repeatedly fails with a
generic 400 error (I think the OAuth2 specification actually requires
Google to be more specific, but I might be wrong). Such an issue
currently triggers MailMate to re-authenticate the account since the
problem could be that the wrong Gmail account has been used to authorize
an IMAP account.

(The most recent test release of MailMate does fix an OAuth2 related
issue, but based on your logs then this is not related to your issue.)

If it's still an issue then you might be able to fix it temporarily
switching of OAuth2 in the IMAP account editor, but I don't recommend
this as a general solution (and it might not work for you since Google
does not allow it for all accounts).

You can also try to reset anything MailMate knows about OAuth2 tokens
for this account. Open the “Keychain Access” application and look
for entries named like this:

	com.freron.MailMate.Google.oauth-*

If you delete all of them then MailMate should ask for passwords
(again), but it won't help if the problem is at Google's end.