[MlMt] Devonthink

Gary Hull YH82d7dfU at yandex.com
Tue Aug 30 00:13:09 EDT 2016

On 29 Aug 2016, at 16:06, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 28 Aug 2016, at 4:04, Gary Hull wrote:

>> "Subject:Devonthink" and then remove "Subject:Devonthink" it does
>> return me to the results of the "from:mailinglist at freron.com" filter.
>> change the results. In other words, it doesn't do an overall
>> "Subject:Devonthink" filter with not other filters applied, but
>> rather retains the "from:mailinglist at freron.com" silently an
>> inexplicitly.
>
> I wasn't able to reproduce this. Could you try again to make sure the
> above description of the steps needed is accurate? (Make sure you
> notice which mailbox is selected in the mailbox list since this also
> affects the search results.)

I have a mailbox "Mailing Lists," most of the contents of which are this
list. The mailbox is set up as "Mailboxes: Any of: All Messages,"
"Conditions: All: List-id>identifier: exits".

In that mailbox if I double-click in the From column "Benny Kyaer
Nielsen" it filters to only emails from "Benny Kyaer Nielsen".

It also at that point automatically switches mailboxes from "Mailing
Lists" to "All Messages," where it remains for the rest of the steps.

Then if I double-click" in the Subject column "RE: [MlMt] Devonthink" it
further filters to emails about that subject from Benny (only two
remain). Still in "All Messages."

If at this point I right-click on "Benny Kyaer Nielsen" in the blue bar
and choose "Remove Search Item," the results do not show all Devonlink
mails; they don't change at all: just the two emails are shown. Still in
"All Messages."