[MlMt] Devonthink

Sat Aug 27 05:53:39 EDT 2016

On 27 Aug 2016, at 5:08, Gary Hull wrote:

> Experimenting with the filtering, it seems that if you double-click on
> an item in a column it does a filter on that, like "all messages where
> From = john at doe.com," and then you get get the blue bar showing what
> the filter is. Then if you additionally click something else, like a
> Subject, you get a result set that compounds the two filters, like
> "From = john at doe.com" AND "Subject = Devonthink"), but you still only
> have one blue bar, and it reflects only the most recent addition to
> the filter chain. The minus/hyphen removes all filters, just like ESC.
> It would be nice to have stacked blue bars showing all filters, and be
> able to minus out individual filters without removing them all ... and
> to drag them to change order, and select ALL or ANY.

Note that ⌘. also works (which is a system-wide and very useful
shortcut to hit Cancel buttons in general). With respect to removing
“filters” then also note these options:

* Right-click a filter item to select “Remove Search Item”.
* Hold down ⌥ (option) when clicking on a search item in order to
remove it.

I've also added these tips to the manual.