[MlMt] Dialog box asking for upgrade of the software

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Sat Aug 27 02:20:35 EDT 2016

Yesterday evening MailMate did check whether it was to be upgraded or not. With a normal dialog box.

I saw this box this morning and concluded that while the dialog is open, there is no background task running checking for email. Which I think is wrong. This because when the box is cleared (in one way or another) the mail client is urgently doing tons of IMAP actions, while doing whatever it is doing as a result of choosing an alternative in the dialog box.

So, I would ask the software update process to not block other background tasks.

   Patrik

P.S. That said, ensure you do not launch a 2nd "check if a new software version exists" which for example TextMate sometimes do, which results in multiple such dialogues....