[MlMt] How do you store old emails?

Vlad Ghitulescu Vlad at Ghitulescu.de
Wed Aug 24 14:41:45 EDT 2016

On 24 Aug 2016, at 19:35, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 24 Aug 2016, at 17:59, Vlad Ghitulescu wrote:
>
>> I've deleted the around 300 emails from "*Deleted Messages*" and
>> restarted MailMate.
>>
>> Activity Monitor shows directly after restart 89 MB for the now 948
>> emails.
>> I'll keep an eye on it…
>
> This certainly smell likes a memory leak. Relaunching certainly would
> reduce memory usage, but not this dramatically for such a small
> message store. Do you receive and delete a large number of emails?

Actually not.
I have now (150 minutes after the restart):

- 956 emails (in "*All Messages*", where I like to live in MailMate ;-)
- 6 emails in "*Junk*" and
- 13 emails in "*Deleted Messages*"

MailMate needs now around 122 MB.

I'm not *very* concerned about it (having 32 GB RAM) but nevertheless is
something important enough to analyze.

Should I send you more stats (size of the attachments, etc.)?

Regards,
Vlad