[MlMt] How do you store old emails?

Brad Knowles brad at shub-internet.org
Wed Aug 24 13:15:15 EDT 2016

> On 24 Aug 2016, at 15:07, Patrik Fältström wrote:
>
>> 5,58GByte for 2.099.084 messages here
>
> I'm impressed it works at all. I'll keep you in mind for testing any future memory optimizations :)

Hmm.  I currently count 230610 messages, which comprise over 11GB of storage.  But Mail.app is only taking 350MB of real RAM, for a total of 4.04GB of virtual memory.  Shared memory is 225MB, and private memory is 114MB.

What I haven’t loaded here is the archive of old mail, which comprises over 16GB of additional storage.

I do wonder how Mailmate would do with this amount of mail.