[MlMt] tracking unsorted emails and spinning pizza cursor

Sat Aug 13 09:54:22 EDT 2016

On 11 Aug 2016, at 13:41, Robert Brenstein wrote:

> I thus created a smart box that is using "none" of any of the smart
> mailboxes with identifiable mails and conditions not seen, not deleted
> and not junk. This seems to work exactly as desired.
>
> However, since I set this mailbox, I started getting spinning pizza
> regularly when I switch between mailboxes. It spins for like 10-15
> secs then goes away. Of course, this is notacceptable considering that
> I constantly switch mailboxes.
>
> I suspect that having a smart mailbox depending on the content of a
> set of large smart mailboxes is causing that.

Sounds likely.

> Anybody has seen that? Anybody has any idea how to implement this
> better?

You can make a sample when it hangs like this:

	sample MailMate 5 -f ~/Desktop/sample_mailmate.txt

Then send me the resulting file. You can also send me your mailbox setup
by sending me this file:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/Mailboxes.plist

I can then look into why it's slow and see if there is an easy fix.