[MlMt] apply rules greyed out ?

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Aug 12 19:13:04 EDT 2016

On 12 Aug 2016, at 4:02, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> Hey,
>
> Wondering if there is something in Mailmate I can use for this use
> case.
>
> Is there a way to have mails matching a certain criteria marked as
> read after lets say 3 days ?
>
> I tried setup rules for this but I don't see the rules be applied and
> "Apply rules" are greyed out.
>
> Any idea ?

Rules are automatically applied to messages only when they first appear
in a mailbox. To get "Apply rules" to activate you must have one or more
messages selected.

To make a rule fire after it is 3 days old, you *might* be able to
create a smart mailbox that contains messages in the source mailbox that
are 3 days old, and give that mailbox a rule that marks every message as
read.