[MlMt] A "Show only unread" toggle

Fri Aug 5 15:36:03 EDT 2016

On 3 Aug 2016, at 8:48, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> In most reading mail cases only unread is relevant but once I see a
> pos that are interesting I often want to remind myself what other
> topics I've discussed with this person. The fastest way for that is to
> have the mailbox include read mails too. This is much much faster than
> replicating the search in this folder - hence why I suggest having s
> way to toggle show all/unread to quickly filter/unfilter without
> breaking the flow of what next/previous mail shortcut will go to.
>
> Hope that explains it better.

I believe I understand the request. Individual mailboxes allow
conditions to be specified and you might get something like you request
if this was easily toggled on/off, but if I understand correctly then
this wouldn't be sufficient since you need this to work on any mailbox
(which would be cumbersome to setup).

I guess you need some kind of temporary filtering easily toggled on/off.
You might even need it on a per mailbox basis although it seems your use
case could also be a global filter. It's not straightforward how that
should/could work, but I'll keep it in mind.