[MlMt] Why Is Source Code Pro An Unknown Font?

Hans Trygve Jensen post at htjensen.no
Mon Aug 1 16:51:32 EDT 2016

Dear Benny and other geniuses on the MailMate Users List,

Out of curiosity, I decided to launch MailMate via iTerm2/Terminal the
other day. I hadn’t experienced any particular problems and just
wanted to see if any warnings or error messages popped up.

However, something did show up. Every time I select a message, both read
and unread, the following kind of warning appears in the command line:

MailMate[29971:472156] Warning: Unknown font “SourceCodePro”

Every line is preceded by date and time.

I do use the font “Source Code Pro” in plain text messages and have
set the font by way of the “Fonts” panel available in the
“Format” menu, not via any CSS files in MailMate’s folders in
Application Support. I’ve selected “Source Code Sans” with a
similar approach to set preferred font for the message list columns and
the mailbox sidebar. (I’ve opted for the Widescreen layout.) And, yes,
both fonts show up as the one’s I’ve picked.

My questions are these:

1. Why is “SourceCodePro” considered an unknown font?
2. Why is it labeled as one word (not as “Source Code Pro”)?

I’m running MailMate 1.9.4 (5234) with “Experimental 2.0 Features”
enabled. My Mac OS X version is 10.11.6.

Nice if anyone can clarify the matter. Thanks!

------
Hans Trygve Jensen | post at htjensen.no
Sail With The Arts | web: htjensen.no