[MlMt] Confused by Search Results

temjeito temjunko at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 23:03:16 EDT 2016

Several times now I have searched for a term I know is in the body of a
message, only to have that message not appear in the search results.

Let’s say I have a message in my Inbox the body of which contains the
text “Just had a snickerdoodle and it was great!”

I do a “Search All Mailboxes” for “snickerdoodle” and I get a
few other messages, but not the one in my Inbox.

Same thing happens if the message is in a mailbox/folder other than the
Inbox.

Same thing happens if search just the mailbox the message is in for
“Common Headers or Body contains snickerdoodle.”

A big part of my work involves searching for particular emails in this
way. Am I missing something about how search works, or is this a bug?

-Michael