[MlMt] constructing conditions: "any individual recipient"

Sun Apr 24 01:26:36 EDT 2016

On 20 Apr 2016, at 16:29, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> The problem is that the message might have several recipients, and
> only one might be incorrect. The condition "Recipient does not contain
> corporate.com" means "All recipients, considered together, do not
> contain corporate.com." So it won't catch a message addressed to both
> barney at corporate.com (correctly) and betty-grable at gmail.com
> (incorrectly). What I need is "Any recipient, considered individually,
> does not contain corporate.com."
>
> Is there any way to build such a condition in MailMate?

It's possible, but it's not available in the GUI. But since you need it
for message verification then that might not matter to you. Here is an
example matching messages with no `\\Seen` flag:

	#flags.flag !=[x] '\\Seen'

Note the `[x]` which is short for `eXclusive`. It means the comparison
must be true for all values (which usually makes the most sense for
not-equal comparisons).

(It's possible to edit `Mailboxes.plist` to add this to smart mailboxes
as well, but it is lost if editing the mailbox with the GUI.)