[MlMt] constructing conditions: "any individual recipient"

Shoshanna Green shoshannag at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 10:29:51 EDT 2016

Hi, All -- I'm having trouble constructing conditions for a smart
mailbox (I need the conditions for a message verification, check before
sending). Either what I want to do isn't possible with MailMate's
conditions, or possibly it's simple and I'm having a Boolean logic blind
spot. I fear it's the former, but I'd be glad if someone can show me
it's the latter!

I want to ensure that autofill of addresses doesn't allow me to
accidentally send business correspondence to, for example,
betty-grable at gmail.com when I meant to send it to
betty-rubble at corporate.com. Fortunately, the subject lines of such
correspondence are reasonably predictable, so I can know that I want to
check messages with subjects containing, let's say, "biz talk," and all
the business's email addresses are @corporate.com. So what I need is a
condition that will catch any message with "biz talk" in the subject and
a recipient whose address does not contain "corporate.com."

The problem is that the message might have several recipients, and only
one might be incorrect. The condition "Recipient does not contain
corporate.com" means "All recipients, considered together, do not
contain corporate.com." So it won't catch a message addressed to both
barney at corporate.com (correctly) and betty-grable at gmail.com
(incorrectly). What I need is "Any recipient, considered individually,
does not contain corporate.com."

Is there any way to build such a condition in MailMate?

Shoshanna Green
shoshannag at gmail.com