[MlMt] winmail.dat attachments

Fri Sep 11 02:26:27 EDT 2015

On 11 Sep 2015, at 7:20, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 10 Sep 2015, at 16:48, David Vereschagin wrote:
>
>> My MailMate used to expand winmail.dat attachments from Outlook
>> users. Since the beginning of this month it's no longer doing so. The
>> only thing I can think of is that some preference or key binding has
>> been changed.
>>
>> I can't find a setting to control for this in the preferences. Is
>> there a key binding that I can use reinstate the old behaviour?

I recall fixing a bug related to the `winmail.dat` handling. Apparently
it had been broken for quite some time. Try holding down ⌥ when
clicking “Check Now” to get the latest test release. The only
problem is that what Bill describes in his reply doesn't really ring a
bell. This means there might be another problem.

Note that you need to use “Message ▸ Reset...” on any emails
already fetched (in order to trigger a new attempt to auto-expand the
attachment).