[MlMt] placement of folders?

Ben Hyde bhyde at pobox.com
Thu Sep 3 17:32:37 EDT 2015

On 2 Sep 2015, at 13:20, John Cooper wrote:

> For me, the trick was to create smart mailboxes that exactly match the
> contents of my most important standard mailboxes, and then keep the
> Sources section collapsed so that only the smart mailboxes appear.

Interesting approach.  One imagines hack’n together something to
export the rules/filters from the server and convert them into their
‘smart’ equivalent.

With multiple sources and multiple email clients it’s a puzzle seeing
who’s in charge.

It seems reasonable to have the server take a first crack at the
sorting, and then use a powerful fast client to refine that.  And also
handle wrangling vast mass-quantities quickly.

Do people push sorting back to the server from Mailmate?