[MlMt] trouble with rules

Kearney Buskirk kearney at lightthrumedia.com
Thu Sep 3 17:06:57 EDT 2015

Hi,

Trying to set up routing from the Inbox of a source to standard
mailboxes that are children of that source. And the rules I’ve set up
aren’t working well. I try applying them by choosing Apply Rules from
the mailboxes contextual menu.

Any detailed explanation of the ins and outs of all these possibilities
somewhere, rather than bothering all of you with every little problem I
have with this area?

Rules are being applied using the Inbox dialog box. I’m not setting
the condition of the Inbox as all messages are from my address - I
assume that’s already done somehow. New messages show up in the Inbox.

For example, if from is set to: no specifier > contains> @att.com, will
that work to route  everything at att.com into said mailbox. Or does it
have to be “from>address>specificthing at att.com?” And what’s a
recipient>correspondent, recipient>identity, etc, etc.

Thanks,

Kearney