[MlMt] placement of folders?

Thu Sep 3 03:04:24 EDT 2015

On 3 Sep 2015, at 3:18, Kearney Buskirk wrote:

> So if I want to route the full contents of the IMAP mailbox in
> question into the smart mailbox, I just have to specify from which
> IMAP mailbox? In this scenario, the contents of the IMAP mailbox are
> already routed from the Inbox for this source.

Make sure you understand that a smart mailbox is a virtual mailbox.
Nothing is routed anywhere. It's just the result of a search query. In
this case a search query only matching emails which are in a specific
IMAP mailbox.

> Does MailMate identify Junk without using SpamSieve? And if so, does
> that Junk get routed into the Junk folder(s)?

No, currently MailMate can only identify junk by using SpamSieve.
Depending on your email provider then there might be server-side
filtering which might add spam-related headers to incoming emails.
MailMate could also be configured to filter emails based on such
headers.