[MlMt] GPG and Yubikey neo (smartcard)

Philip Paeps philip at trouble.is
Wed Sep 2 09:17:30 EDT 2015

On 2015-09-01 12:01:04 (+0200), Benny Kjær Nielsen
<mailinglist at freron.com> wrote:

> On 31 Aug 2015, at 20:11, Philip Paeps wrote:
>
>> Would it be possible for MailMate to rely on gpg-agent if it's
>> running?  The GPGTools package for MacOS X enables the agent at
>> startup and the GPGMail bundle for Mail.app appears to use it nicely.
>
> The `gpg2` command uses `gpg-agent` as far as I understand, but to be
> honest I don't know how or if it can be used directly. I also think
> GPGMail, more or less, does the same as MailMate (executing the `gpg2`
> command).

Mmhm.  That's odd.  If you're just calling `gpg2`, the agent should be
picked up.

Is MailMate sanitising the environment before calling `gpg2` or is it
running sandboxed?  `gpg2` looks for an agent socket in $GPG_AGENT_INFO.
  If it exists, it should get used.

I'll poke around at the agent a bit more and see if I can come up with
some more useful information.

Philip

--
Philip Paeps