[MlMt] Replying to a group message

Tue Sep 1 06:09:15 EDT 2015

On 1 Sep 2015, at 11:57, Mark Wadham wrote:

> I have one IMAP account with several email adresses on several
> domains, eg:
>
> mark at banana.com *
> mark2 at banana.com
> stuff at banana.com
> mark at orange.com
>
> The first address (*) is the first email address in the list and
> therefore the default.
>
> I am a member of a mailing list for which the address I receive
> messages on is list at orange.com.  If I reply to one of these messages,
> it defaults to mark at banana.com rather than mark at orange.com.  I have
> defined an address pattern of:
>
> *@orange\.com
>
> which I thought would fix this but apparently not.

That should be `".*@orange\.com"`.

And I guess the answer is “no” then. I cannot think of a way to make
that work. MailMate does not prioritize email addresses with a matching
domain when a match is not found. Using the above I would expect your
from address to become `list at orange.com`. Maybe MailMate should
prioritize domain-matches, but I'm not sure if that would be bad in
other scenarios...