[MlMt] Using MailMate for 'handoff' from iDevices

Tue Oct 27 09:25:34 EDT 2015

On 27 Oct 2015, at 10:07, Philip Paeps wrote:

> When I look at an email on my iPhone, the newfangled 'continuity' or
> 'handoff' voodoo puts the Mail.app icon in the dock and the
> command-tab list on my laptop to continue looking at it. [...] Is
> there a way to put MailMate there instead?

My iPhone is far too old for me to try this feature, but as far as I
understand then this feature requires that the two apps are created by
the same developer. There's a public API for the system itself, but the
format used for the exchanged data is private. (I haven't really read up
on the details.)

> Or to not make Mail.app appear?

Someone else might know the answer to this question.