[MlMt] duplicate messages on move to other mailbox

Fri Oct 23 09:19:11 EDT 2015

On 23 Oct 2015, at 15:11, CHASS wrote:

> If it is any help I am seeing exactly the same thing. Messages moved
> to folders using rules are sometimes duplicated. I didn't mention it
> because I can't see the pattern.
> Yesterday, I saw a duplication in a different situation. I clicked the
> move out of junk button for a message. One message was in junk but I
> got two in my inbox.

Duplicates are usually the result of failed copies/uploads, that is,
MailMate tries to copy/upload a message and it succeeds, but MailMate
thinks it fails because some unrelated error occurs such as a broken
connection -- and this happens before MailMate has registered the
successful action. The same can happen if MailMate crashes.

If you keep the Activity Viewer open then you might be able to catch a
log of the exact problem. I can review that.

(In general, MailMate always prefers the risk of duplicates instead of
the risk of disappearing messages.)