[MlMt] Emailing and Resizing Photos

Sun Oct 18 05:00:11 EDT 2015

On 17 Oct 2015, at 15:44, David Verch wrote:

> I apologize for not being as much a power user as others. In apple
> mail you could determine which size to make picture attachments to
> keep the email size under 10 Mb which I have found is the average
> message size limit for many people.

This is related to the answer I just gave for a different question.
MailMate needs to provide some kind of hook when pasting/dragging
attachments. This would allow a script which could offer to resize
images. But such a hook does not exist yet.

> What would the best way to not send 8 Mb images. Can you use something
> like BBCodes and Flickr  so that the pictures get embedded and viewed
> when the recipient opens them.

This is another item on the todo. Making it easy to use any kind of web
storage service to allow the insertion of a link to an uploaded copy
instead of including the actual attachment. This could/should depend on
the file size such that small attachments are not uploaded.

I'm sorry I don't currently have better answers for you.