[MlMt] Emailing and Resizing Photos

Lars Ippich mail at lars-ippich.de
Sat Oct 17 11:22:28 EDT 2015

On 17 Oct 2015, at 16:54, Muster Hans wrote:

> Perhaps someone here has a more automated solution..,

There was a suggestion for something like that back earlier this year
(see http://lists.freron.com/mailmate/2015-January/003756.html) or here:

On 30 Jan 2015, at 16:45, Allie Martin wrote:

> I had created a script for this using Automator once.  Not for inline
> images but for another purpose.  What I ended up with was a service
> menu option to resize the image and save it in a particular format. It
> was a LOT quicker than opening the image in an editor and manually
> resizing each time. It could also do it with multiple images on the
> fly as well. I haven't used Automator in a while, so I don't even know
> if the workflow is exportable so that I could share it.

So, if you feel like it, you could look into using a third-party
software to make this process automatic, like the mentioned Automator
(https://help.apple.com/automator/mac/10.11/index.html?lang=en) or a
third-party tool like "Alfred" (http://www.alfredapp.com).

On 2 Feb 2015, at 9:09, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 30 Jan 2015, at 18:40, Esteban Umerez Argaia wrote:
>
>> That's why I think the best way would be to use the Markdown syntax
>> and be able to resize the view of the inline image directly in the
>> mail message. But I have no idea how to do that, of course.
>
> In theory, I guess the conversion from Markdown to HTML could be
> manipulated to also resize the image, but it would be quite a hack.
>
> Based on this thread I'll note some requirements for image/attachment
> manipulation with respect to being able to change the size of an image
> repeatedly including reverting to the original.

Or you can wait until Benny finds the time to implement something like
this. I suggest you give Automator or another software a go that makes
use of workflows: You specify the things you want to be done once, then
the software remembers it and you only have to issue the command.