[MlMt] Baysian filtering?

Fri Oct 9 08:21:20 EDT 2015

On 8 Oct 2015, at 20:08, Sparky Doosan wrote:

> Does MailMate have a good Bayesian spam filter solution?

No, but MailMate integrates with
[SpamSieve](http://c-command.com/spamsieve/) (third party software). See
the Security preferences pane.

> I seem to recall my first round of evals ended when I found there is a
> great third-party solution satisfactory to use MailMate now but
> perhaps (why, why would this happen) switch to something else later
> and not lose the thing that knows my personal definition of ham and
> spam.

The advantage of using SpamSieve might actually be that you can switch
to any supported email client without losing your ham/spam history. You
can see a list [here](http://c-command.com/spamsieve/help/requirements).

Also, the archive/junk mailboxes can always be used to teach SpamSieve
(or some alternative solution) about your ham/spam emails.