[MlMt] Disappearing and reappearing carriage returns in message viewer

Sherif Soliman sherif at ssoliman.com
Thu Oct 8 09:24:14 EDT 2015

On 8 Oct 2015, at 2:58, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:

> On 7 Oct 2015, at 19:57, Sherif Soliman wrote:
>
>> Sometimes I will open a message and it will look like the viewer has
>> truncated some carriage returns. So if there are several paragraphs
>> with some spacing between them, the spacing will be gone and the
>> paragraphs will be squished against each other. Then I will open the
>> message some other time, or do something that causes the window to
>> reload the message, and it will display properly.
>
> My initial thought is that one of the external conversion scripts
> fail. If you launch from a Terminal window then you might be able to
> spot some error messages when this happens.

I launched MailMate from the terminal:

`/Applications/MailMate.app/Contents/MacOS/MailMate`

I opened different messages until I found one that displayed the
squished state, closed it, opened it again a few seconds later and it
displayed properly this time. No output being produced in terminal.
Should I be looking somewhere else?

Sherif