[MlMt] Sorting by date received...

Wed Oct 7 04:44:39 EDT 2015

On 7 Oct 2015, at 1:44, Bill Cole wrote:

> On 6 Oct 2015, at 17:44, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Agreed. As far as I can see then this would only happen if a message
>> has neither Date header nor any Received headers. I guess I should
>> just make “Date Received” default to the current date (the first
>> time MailMate sees it).
>
> I had always assumed "Date Received" was the IMAP "INTERNALDATE" since
> that's always available and should be when the message was
> delivered...

That would be a simple and straightforward solution. Unfortunately,
INTERNALDATE cannot be trusted to be correct (due to a combination of
buggy servers and buggy email clients -- including MailMate at some
point in the past).

I think I've got a note somewhere about using INTERNALDATE when it
(heuristically) appears to be correct, but it's not a high priority.