[MlMt] Sorting by date received...

Wed Oct 7 04:37:57 EDT 2015

On 6 Oct 2015, at 23:47, Seebs wrote:

> On 6 Oct 2015, at 16:44, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> Agreed. As far as I can see then this would only happen if a message
>> has neither Date header nor any Received headers. I guess I should
>> just make “Date Received” default to the current date (the first
>> time MailMate sees it).
>
> D'oh. I meant "Date Sent", not "Date Received". I was using that for
> my inbox because it produced slightly more useful results for things
> that got delayed in transit (such as by greylisting).

Well, “Date Sent” is based on the “Date” header which is
generated by email clients -- in other words it cannot be trusted to be
correct :-)

> So some things have no "Date Sent", and then get sorted as Older Than
> Everything.

I guess the “Date Sent” value could fall back to “Date Received”
when a “Date” header is not found.

Ok, I've added that now, but it won't affect already fetched messages.