[MlMt] the case of the vanishing message

Mon Nov 16 09:26:56 EST 2015

On 12 Nov 2015, at 23:45, Alexandre Takacs wrote:

> I'm seeing a fairly bad case of message corruption in the following
> scenario:
>
> 1. create a fairly substantial message (size wise - typically with
> some attachments )
> 2. send it
> 3. while being transmitted cancel the send (via contextual menu,
> selecting the message in draft folder).

In theory, this should not be possible. MailMate should just beep
because I never implemented cancellation of messages already in the
process being sent. Obviously that fails to work somehow.

> This will - in my experience - yield an immediate "database
> corruption" error.

Ouch, even worse. Could you send me the following file off list. It
might provide a hint:

	~/Library/Application Support/MailMate/database.log

> If at that stage if you elect to "do nothing" and relaunch MM the
> offending message will have vanished (not in sent nor in drafts).
>
> Not good :(

Certainly not good. I would naturally like to figure out what is going
on, but my attempts to reproduce this problem all failed.

I don't think I've fixed anything related to this, but just to be sure
then you should update to the latest test version before trying again.

Thanks in advance.