[MlMt] a message confuses MailMate on one computer

Thu Nov 12 04:26:55 EST 2015

On 11 Nov 2015, at 17:04, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:

> On 11 Nov 2015, at 10:49, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 11 Nov 2015, at 15:57, Steven M. Bellovin wrote:
>>
>>> Mine was not plaintext; it was a message with several attached PDFs.
>>
>> It can have attachments. I'm referring to the text part of the
>> message which is often structured like this:
>>
>> 	multipart/alternative
>> 		text/plain
>> 		text/html
>>
>> By default MailMate would then show the HTML alternative (and thus
>> not use the script). If the user has enabled “Prefer Plain Text”
>> then almost all emails would trigger the script to be used.
>>
> It was multipart/mixed with no body other than three attachments.

That's unusual. A typical message with 3 attachments would be structured
like this:

	multipart/mixed
		multipart/alternative
			text/plain
			text/html
		image/jpeg
		image/jpeg
		image/jpeg

If it's a message you can share then you are welcome to send it to me
(off list). There are no known hangs for an attachments-only message.