[MlMt] Problem with syncing Gmail labels and IMAP keywords

DORSCH Fabian fabian.dorsch at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 06:33:47 EST 2015

Hi,

I'm just getting used to using Mailmate as my main email client and am
loving it. But I have a question concerning the integration of Gmail
labels. Since I have been using them for a while now, I would like to
continue with this after my switch to Mailmate.

Now, everything works fine with messages that I assign keywords to (in
Mailmate) or add to the labels/folders (in Gmail) *after* I set up the
connection under 'Tags' in the preferences. The newly added messages
show up in the right place in both Mailmate and Gmail.

However, the same does not happen with messages that I have assigned
keywords/labels to *before* setting up the respective link between the
keywords and the labels. For instance, my old emails in Gmails in folder
X do not show up under the keyword X in Mailmate; and vice versa. This
changes only once I re-assign the keywords/labels. Since I have
thousands of categorized emails in Gmail, this is not a feasible option
for me.

So I was wondering whether there is a workaround, or whether it would be
possible, from a technical point of view, to add the function that also
past assignments of labels/keywords are synced between the two
platforms.

Thanks a lot,

Fabian