[MlMt] Evaluation results

Andreas Jung lists at zopyx.com
Tue May 19 11:38:14 EDT 2015

On 19 May 2015, at 17:27, Ben Klebe wrote:

>> I don't care about a discount and I don't care about 50 EUR. I care about a working work environment and
>> I take the freedom to complain about software that has obvious bugs. I am software developer myself and I am annoyed to see so many little obvious and open issues in your software in a 1.9 release. I have not seen this in any other Mac software so far. Either some features are not very well thought or just badly implement
>> or just to generic in order to make it right (the rules engine gives me exactly this feeling).
>>
>> -aj
>

> Furthermore, MailMate offers classes of features that are unavailable in other mail clients, and even the ability to request more of these features and amendments to these features directly with a prompt and polite response. The bugs you have pointed out are non-obvious at best and edge cases at worst.

Counters showing improper numbers of unread messages an edge case?
Non persistent column settings an edge case?
Simple email rules something working and sometimes not an edge case?

Seriously?

> For a single developer the fact that it works at all is quite impressive, especially in such an archaic language as Objective-C. I'm sure you realize that. You don't have the right to complain about bugs in software you do not own. If it really peeved you that your trial had so many bugs, you could have simply said "here's why I'm not buying" and moved on.

The programming language does not matter and the number of developers does not matter. The quality of a product I potentially pay for matters. If the quality, the reliability and the added value over competitor products is worth the money then I am happy to pay let's say 100 EUR. Neither the programming language nor the number of developer is an excuse for such obvious flaws. And you don't have to tell that I have no right for complaining about bugs. Obviously some of you have problems taking issues seriously?

-aj