[MlMt] a few questions from a (former) Mailsmith user

Michael Dunston mdunston at music.vt.edu
Mon May 18 10:04:45 EDT 2015

On 17 May 2015, at 16:48, Fredrik Jonsson wrote:

> Michael Dunston 2015-05-17 22:25 wrote:
>
>> And as a followup
>> question - if key bindings are necessary to
>> do this, could these need to be installed
>> in
>
> ~/Library/Application
> Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/Mycustom.plist
>
>> I see the
>> BBEdit bundle will pass messages being
>> drafted into BBEdit, but I don’t see how
>> those edits come back to Mailmate
>
> Simply hit "Save" in BBEdit.

Thank you for this information!

>> Regarding replies, is there reply setting
>> to place the quoted text at the top (with
>> the insertion point after), for inline (or
>> bottom-posting) replies?
>
> That how it works for me now, don't think I have made any special
> settings to make it so..

Thank you, I will look into this further.  I thought I had discovered
this might be tied to the signature block preferences, but at least now,
for me a “reply” results in the insertion cursor at the top of the
new message, with the signature below that, and the selected reply text
at the bottom below both..

>> Additionally, is
>> there a way to edit the attribution line
>> text inserted into a reply?
>
> Search the help for "Hidden preferences". A lot of interesting stuff
> here.

Thanks again!