[MlMt] a few questions from a (former) Mailsmith user

Fredrik Jonsson frjo at xdeb.org
Sun May 17 16:48:57 EDT 2015

Michael Dunston 2015-05-17 22:25 wrote:

> And as a followup
> question - if key bindings are necessary to
> do this, could these need to be installed
> in

~/Library/Application
Support/MailMate/Resources/KeyBindings/Mycustom.plist

> I see the
> BBEdit bundle will pass messages being
> drafted into BBEdit, but I don’t see how
> those edits come back to Mailmate

Simply hit "Save" in BBEdit.

> Regarding replies, is there reply setting
> to place the quoted text at the top (with
> the insertion point after), for inline (or
> bottom-posting) replies?

That how it works for me now, don't think I have made any special
settings to make it so..

> Additionally, is
> there a way to edit the attribution line
> text inserted into a reply?

Search the help for "Hidden preferences". A lot of interesting stuff
here.

"MmReplyWroteString" setting will allow you to configure the attribution
line.

> Lastly, is there a way for sent-replies to
> remain in (or rather, be automatically
> moved to) the same mailbox/folder as the
> original message so they can be more easily
> manually filed (moved to a folder)
> together?

Hidden preferences "MmMoveSentRepliesToMailboxOfRepliedMessage"

But I suggest you stop moving mails completely. I used to have long list
of rules moving mails around in the bad old days.

With IMAP and MailMate everything arrives in the Inbox where I process
them. I have set up my own key bindings so “i” will select the
inbox, “a” will archive mail, “d” will delete them, “f” flag
them and “r” for making a reply. This takes care of most of my mail
interaction and leve the Inbox empty.

I then use smart folders to make lists of all mail with a customer,
projects etc. The smart folders are *really* smart and are together with
the custom keybinding MailsMates killer feature for me.

Fredrik