[MlMt] trying out the new spotlight integration...

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Mon May 18 05:49:58 EDT 2015

On 18 May 2015, at 11:39, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:

> On 18 May 2015, at 11:29, Benny Kjær Nielsen wrote:
>
>> On 18 May 2015, at 10:38, Max Rydahl Andersen wrote:
>>
>>> I noticed the spotlight functions are in latest alpha. Needed to try
>>> it out ;)
>>>
>>> FYI: I did the symbolic link thing, putting it in ~/Messages.
>>
>> For the record, I'm working on making this easier via a GUI setting
>> since I don't really want anyone doing this manually.
>
> No worries - I know i'm living on the bleeding edge ;)

...and now I Think I payed the price. spotlight/mdfind crashed while
indexing messages.

~/c/j/j/events git:production ❯❯❯ mdimport ~/Messages

                                         ✭
[1]    41367 segmentation fault  mdimport ~/Messages

and I was getting zero results from spotlight for a while.

Now they are back...but I don't think it have processed all mails.

In console.app I see this:
18/05/15 11:40:10.863 com.apple.xpc.launchd[1]:
(com.apple.metadata.mds.index[275]) Service exited due to signal:
Segmentation fault: 11

Any thing I can do when rerunning index'ing to track down if/what bug in
mailmate importer ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen