[MlMt] giving up - MailMate crash - won't synchronize

Patrik Fältström paf at frobbit.se
Fri May 15 03:16:25 EDT 2015

On 14 May 2015, at 18:35, Helen Holzgrafe wrote:

> I solved this by never moving more than one mailbox folder at a time (not account, not mail box, but folder). If a folder was more than about a 1000 messages I broke that up even smaller. That allowed me to get everything moved over.

Can you explain what you mean by "moving a folder"?

What I am talking about is that you use mail client A for account B, and now you start using MailMate for account B instead of (in addition to) client A.

It seems that is not what you are doing.

For me, 1.8M messages, the sync took maybe 48 hours or so, during which time I was not using the laptop for anything else.

For what you try to do, I would look in the "activity viewer"(*) to see what IMAP commands are happening (or not).

   Patrik

(*) Why do the activity viewer always scroll to the top, even though latest information is at the bottom?