[MlMt] Sorting organize-by-thread

John Cooper mailmate at coopercontent.com
Thu Mar 26 12:08:45 EDT 2015

On 2015-03-26 10:54, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I know I've said this before, and I know it's on the backlog somewhere, but if I could get _one_ change in MailMate, it would be to sort threads by the most-recent date, not the oldest. The fact is I have way too many messages in my inbox (10K). If someone replies to a message from a week ago, I'm simply not going to see it if I have threading turned on. Because that doesn't work, I can't use threading in my main window. I have a side window that shows the thread (actually, common subjects) of the currently selected item. At least that makes it fairly easy for me to browse the thread, even if it leaves the main mail window overly cluttered. I know, I'm asking for a feature that helps enable my bad habits. :)
>
> I don't know if you're interested in going the bid-on-feature route, but I'll fire off $100 to Freron Software if this feature becomes available.

I'll second this (well, except for the $100 part). My own mail volume is
low, but this seems like an obvious and necessary improvement and
something that I would expect if I encountered the problem Kee
describes. And it reveals that my number one problem--that Mailmate
can't remember that I always use widescreen layout from one login to the
next--as merely an annoyance.