[MlMt] r5070 - UI issue with text entry (compose)

Fri Mar 13 12:29:02 EDT 2015

On 11 Mar 2015, at 22:40, Scott A. McIntyre wrote:

> In earlier versions, if I were to reply to a message and paste a block
> (say, 20-30 lines) of text at the top (I hate top-quoting, but, let's
> worry about that problem later), the rest of the text in the compose
> window would be VERY slow to update, indeed, during the initial paste
> a few lines would disappear for half a second during a re-draw.
>
> With the current alpha build, any amount of text entry at the top of a
> message seems to create a very slow UI update for the rest of the text
> being pushed downwards.

And this is also happens if you undo/redo the insertion?

> This is on a pretty well spec'd 64GB RAM laden new MacPro, so,
> confident the issue isn't my local hardware...

I'm on a 2010 MacMini which means that I should see a much longer delay
if it was a general issue. I'd like to debug off list. This performance
bug might be triggered by some of you settings. Maybe the font used is
an issue. Try playing around with window size, enabling/disabling the
preview, and anything else you can think of -- and see if it makes a
difference. Then write me off list.