[MlMt] MM hanging to 100% CPU on login window

Luca Allodi luca.allodi at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 07:36:13 EDT 2015

Hi,

it happened already a few times so I decided to ping the mailing list.
MailMate consistently hangs under certain pre-conditions.

When I leave my office for an hour or so, I call OSX' login window via
the User menu bar item.

When I come back, there are two issues, one of which is certainly not
caused by MM but it may be a confounding for the effect.

	1. The Mac is not connected to the wireless network anymore. The OSX'
wireless icon on the menubar is lit up as if the network was up, but it
really isn't. Unsure if this is simply a graphical glitch, or if there
is some OSX bug that makes the system believe it is connected although
it isn't (and with it, other apps too).

	2. When I come back to my system I find the mac's fans at max rpm, and
MailMate hanged at 100% CPU usage and unresponsive. All I can do is kill
MM and reopen it. After that, the problem is solved.

I had this problem with 5067 and I still have it with 5069. Never
noticed it before, but I wouldn't certify that :-)

Cheers,

--
Luca Allodi
DISI, Università degli Studi di Trento, Italy