[MlMt] messages "stuck"

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:55:36 EDT 2015

>> yesterday I wrote a bunch of emails on a plane.
>>
>> About 20 or so.
>>
>> I got online last night and about 10 of them got out when I was
>> connected.
>> Then few I could force to send by right clicking and press Send (all
>> those had a "pending submission")
>>
>> But then there are these left:
>> https://www.dropbox.com/s/yfita2j4srltm2e/Screenshot%202015-03-08%2014.24.42.png?dl=0
>>
>> noting they have "not available" pending submission.
>>
>> And every time I try send these it creates a duplicate message.
>
> This part is a known issue.

okey - it didn't happen for *all* though. the first few it worked fine
for but then it just insisted on creating duplicates :)

>> Any idea whats going on ?
>
> No. Not so long ago I changed how MailMate deals with unreachable
> servers. Essentially, MailMate never believes the system when it
> claims a server is unreachable. It's based on trial and error instead
> with an increasing time between retries.
>
> Did you try relaunching MailMate?

I believe so - but I'm not 100% sure.

> It might also be best to debug this off list. If you still have 1 or
> more of these messages pending then that would be nice. (I'm guessing
> the issue is not easily reproduced.)

I unfortunately don't have more mails left since I had to clean them up
to make sure all messages was sent and wouldn't come out duplicated.

I think its "easy" to replicate since its not the first time I have this
issue.

I think its related to suspend the laptop while online, suspend the
laptop (close the lid), then open up without network access - do some
work (send emails), close laptop again, send mails, close lid, repeat a
few times  and then eventually you get these stuck messages.

also note that I have a default 10 min delay on my messages so maybe
that has something to do with it ?

I'll get to reproduce this all again on thursday when i'm flying back
for 11 hrs ;)

If I can reproduce the messages - is there something you want me to do
to get the info you need ?

/max
http://about.me/maxandersen