[MlMt] Scripting message forward

Thu Mar 5 10:30:43 EST 2015

On 5 Mar 2015, at 0:24, Allie Martin wrote:

> My provider says that I can report messages as spam by forwarding the
> problem message as an attachment to a particular address.  Their
> webmail offering does this through the 'Spam' toolbar button.

Does this provider not have a spam mailbox as part of the IMAP account.
Usually, registering spam is done just by moving emails to this mailbox
in the IMAP client.

> When you select a message and hit the spam button, the message is
> forwarded as an attachment to the relevant address and then deleted.
>
> Is it possible to create a script that would do this in one swoop
> within MailMate?

I believe so, but it's not straightforward (or documented). It requires
a bundle with a command which tells MailMate what to do.

I've considered if a general Spam bundle could be useful. This could
allow configuring an address for reporting spam and make a command
available for easily doing this, but I'm not sure how useful this is in
general. I'm not even sure regular users should be encouraged to report
spam.