[MlMt] Nervous about integration with my smartphone

Max Rydahl Andersen max.andersen at gmail.com
Sun Mar 1 02:48:18 EST 2015

I'm in the unfortunate situation that my corporation currently only
allow "push mail", meaning I cannot use any custom mail client on my
phone - just the builtin ones. For me that is iphone mail client. Thus
my options are limited. Thus I've for now adapted and have the following
setup:

* redirect all my mail on the mailserver to go to '_inbox' (so my
default inbox is empty)
* using imapfilter (https://github.com/lefcha/imapfilter) to filter
mails in _inbox into folders, anything unknown goes to _unsorted and
stuff that is known but not in a list goes to _incoming
* on mailmate - a bunch of smartfolders letting me triage/walk through
my mail, using Flag to indicate things I need to look at
* primary activity on phone - used for urgent responses in _incoming /
_unsorted and then for flagging for further processing
* secondary on phone - since everything is sorted into folders I can go
and find what I want on the phone ...

..oh and I also use web access if everything else fails and here sorted
to folders helps too because...well, mail webui tends to suck so I like
my folders ;)

/max