[MlMt] IMAP date issue

Kevin Miller kevinmil54 at icloud.com
Wed Jun 24 14:56:27 EDT 2015

I have a pretty large collection of email going back to 1992 that I've moved between IMAP servers. Mailmate doesn't seem to be handling it well.

Malemute is reporting the date of the move as the date of the message.

By contrast, Thunderbird handles this correctly and has (sometimes) been able to repair the mailboxes so that Apple's Mail.app views them correctly.

Mail.app has the wrong date received, but reports the correct date sent.

Mailmate has the wrong date received and reports "not available" in gray for the date sent.

I see that this is a known problem with IMAP. I'm not sure I have the skill to run a server-side program like imapsync, but I'm open to anything that might resolve this.

Any tips would be most welcome.

My system: MailMate/5084 iMac12,2/x86_64/8/10.10.3