[MlMt] date condition mismatches

Thu Jun 11 06:30:46 EDT 2015

On 8 Jun 2015, at 17:33, Shoshanna Green wrote:

> Today I have another instance of the issue I described a month ago (as
> well as it still persisting in the smart mailbox I created last
> month):

Sorry about the late response.

> a message was sent this morning and arrived this morning, June 8, but
> MailMate does not find it in a smart mailbox if the date condition on
> that mailbox is set to "exactly 6/8/2015." Instead, it finds it if the
> date condition is set to "exactly 6/7/2015."

Note that “Date” is actually the date relative to the location of
the sender. For example, the message you sent me has this date:

	Date: Mon, 08 Jun 2015 11:33:38 -0400

The received date is the same in this case, but it's time is different
(17:33 due to my location), but in theory the date could also have been
different.

I think you can get what you want if you use “Date-Received” (via
Other...) instead of “Date”.

(Maybe MailMate should behave differently with respect to the date
header, but it's always tricky to get these things right making it work
well for all use cases.)