[MlMt] MailMate and TextExpander

Muster Hans muster at sture.ch
Thu Jun 11 05:42:26 EDT 2015

On 11 Jun 2015, at 3:19, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I don't know if this is related, probably not, but fwiw.  I had a
> problem with textexpander where sometimes a macro would fail to insert
> what it was supposed to, and instead would insert the contents of the
> clipboard. It turned out that they are doing some odd clipboard
> substitution and there can be a race condition if the machine is
> loaded. Tweaking a setting (sorry, can't remember which one and I'm 11
> time zones away from my laptop) to be a bit longer fixed the problem.

I've seen that too.  Another oddity is where I have a TextExpander
snippet which fills in two fields separated by a couple of tabs.  In
nearly all cases this works well but for one snippet in particular both
fields get the content of the second field.  I can't reproduce this on
demand otherwise I'd have filed a bug report, but it happens often
enough to be irritating.