[MlMt] Is there a setting or way to remove the Header info from from the attachment when doing Forward as Attachment

Tue Jun 9 03:29:53 EDT 2015

On 9 Jun 2015, at 3:25, MailMate wrote:

> I use an email forwarding service and never give my real email address
> to anyone. I would like to use Forward as Attachment but I see that it
> embeds the From:, To:, Subject: & Date: headers at the top of the
> attachment. The To: header includes my real address, so I especially
> need to remove the To: header. Is there a setting or file I can modify
> to make this happen?
>
> I looked around the help but nothing caught my eye.

No, there is no such setting. Also note that forwarding as attachment
really does mean that the email is forwarded as an attachment. This
includes all headers of the original message and your email address is
likely to be part of several of these headers.

What you need is “inline forwarding”, but as regularly noted on this
list, this does not always work well for HTML emails. (This is still a
high priority item to improve.) In some cases, you might be able to
select the relevant text of the email before forwarding (depending on
the purpose of forwarding these emails).