[MlMt] Silencing the beep when mail is checked

Paul Hoffman phoffman at proper.com
Mon Jul 27 17:59:29 EDT 2015

On 27 Jul 2015, at 14:47, Muster Hans wrote:

> On 27 Jul 2015, at 23:29, Paul Hoffman wrote:

>>> The UI in "Counters" is a challenge...
>>>
>>> There are 4 independent sets of settings there: one for each corner
>>> of the Dock icon a counter can appear in. Each has its own Sound
>>> option. You select which Counter you are dealing with by the
>>> unlabeled square of radio buttons on the left side, so even if a
>>> Counter isn't set to show on the dock icon, it is identified by
>>> where it would be if it was.
>>
>> Did that, still beeps. That is, when selecting the radio button in
>> each of the four positions, "Sound" now shows "None". Or am I missing
>> something more subtle?
>
> Hmm, mine's set to Glass, but I've unchecked Notifications on that
> screen.

I have unchecked Notifications for all four locations of the radio
button as well.

> To avoid disturbing my neighbours (and of course my own peace and
> quiet) I have all OS X alerts disabled via System Preferences -> Sound
> -> Sound Effects. Alert Volume slider all the way to the left and the
> 2 checkboxes beneath unchecked.
>
> Is this suitable for you?

No, because the notifications that I have for other apps are fine. They
don't go off regularly every 5-10 minutes. I just want to silence the
MailMate "I just checked your mail again" notifications only.

--Paul Hoffman