[MlMt] Can't open messages in some Virtual folders

Mon Jul 20 16:21:33 EDT 2015

On 19 Jul 2015, at 16:03, Allie Martin wrote:

> I just discovered that the messages in the All Images, All PDF's and
> Embedded Messages virtual folders viewable only via the preview window
> which I no longer use by default. I cannot open any of them in a
> separate window.

Those smart mailboxes are based on the somewhat half-baked feature which
is “All Messages ▸ All Message Subparts”. The default Examples
mailbox in more recent releases of MailMate tries to avoid it.

MailMate can display a subpart of a message as if it is a message by
itself. This, e.g., makes it possible to display all `image/*` body
parts, but it does not work as well as originally intended. Too many
actions are not possible. (Hopefully it will be improved some day since
it has potential to be very useful.)