[MlMt] ldap ssl connections

Sat Jul 18 05:05:21 EDT 2015

On 17 Jul 2015, at 18:04, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I finally got around to figuring out the corporate configuration for
> our LDAP server, but it's SSL server, and as the mailmate docs warn,
> that doesn't always work.
>
> 	Warning: Failed starting TLS for LDAP connection.
> 	ldap connection failed (ldap://xxx:636): Can't contact LDAP server
>
> Any thoughts? It's signed by our internal CA, but my Mac knows all the
> base certificates and is happy talking to it, and all the certs seem
> to be approved in the keychain. I even downloaded and installed the
> cert for this particular server and made sure it was approved.

Based on the error message (“Can't contact LDAP server”) it appears
the problem is more basic. I should also be able to reproduce the
problem if the server is accessible (I don't need to authenticate, just
connect). You can send details off list if you like.

Note that the `ldapsearch` Terminal command could be useful in order to
verify that it works as expected outside MailMate.

(Even though this is an old feature it should still be considered
experimental/primitive.)