[MlMt] ldap ssl connections

Bill Cole mmlist-20120120 at billmail.scconsult.com
Fri Jul 17 15:15:09 EDT 2015

On 17 Jul 2015, at 12:04, Kee Hinckley wrote:

> I finally got around to figuring out the corporate configuration for
> our LDAP server, but it's SSL server, and as the mailmate docs warn,
> that doesn't always work.
>
> Warning: Failed starting TLS for LDAP connection.
> ldap connection failed (ldap://xxx:636): Can't contact LDAP server

I'm not sure how to *fix* this, but a LDAP URL pointing to a LDAP server
using SSL/TLS should start with 'ldaps://' not 'ldap://' if it is being
passed to something that interprets LDAP URLs in a standard fashion. If
MM is just using the URL for internal recordkeeping and knows elsewise
that it's a SSL/TLS server (maybe by the :636 port spec, which is the
standard LDAPS port) then this is a non-issue.